Wednesday 25 July 2012

City of Churches

My blog is failing at being a personal diary. I really should write up everything as I go but I'm usually too exhausted at the end of the day or too lazy. But to catch up, I spent last weekend in Adelaide visitng a friend I met while travelling in India.
Having been to Adelaide before and with a full appreciation for its status as the city of churches, I tried to avoid them as much as possible. Although I was in Adelaide to catch up with my friend, we still managed to fit in some sigthseeing with hours of talking.

This is her poodle. A sad reminder of what I missed out on by growing up in a 'no pets' household.


Royal Botanic Gardens of Adelaide. They were beautiful but to be honest I think the Royal Botanic Gardens in all the states are lovely- they never seem to have any water restrictions. Adelaide was unique in that it had this green house (really a steam room in the weather we walked in) that grew lotuses.


We also went to the beach- which is always fun irregardless of the weather.

And no trip to the beach is complete for me without some ice-cream. We had Royal copenhagen which seems in my experience to be found at every built up beachside town in any state in Australia. And it is always delicious!
 Note random pig: I don't know...there was a lot of random pig statues in Adelaide CBD
Adelaide china town!
I will post up about the german town we visited in Adelaide as well, or I should say just outside of Adelaide.

No comments:

Post a Comment