Tuesday 17 July 2012

The picnic


Given my love of food, I think it's only appropriate that my first real post be about food.
With a fondness for brunch and living in a very food savvy area in Melbourne, I have a long list of favourite cafes and restaurants.
As a general rule, I feel most cafes on chapel st provide a very good brunch. With so many in such close proximity- you simply would not survive if you were not upto par.
Despite my love of the Melbourne food scene, I really do not enjoy the 45 min to 1.5hr wait on weekend mornings for a table at many of the most talked about institutions like dukes, 3 bags full and coin laundry.
My favourite place at the moment, and one that my friends and i have been frequenting the last few months is a little place on toorak rd called the picnic.
Their big breakfast really stands out with a delicious avocado salsa and home made condiments for toast and porridge.
However this little place is very much starting to appear on the food map having won numerous food awards in the last year and is becoming much busier every week.
Here's to hoping it doesn't get to waiting 1 hr just for a table in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment